Study Planned in Advance
There are times when students will be held out of school for planned trips or appointments. In
such cases, contact your teacher five or more days in advance to arrange for Independent Study.
Study Due to Illness
of children who are ill should not generally be concerned about class work. However, some
childhood illnesses keep children at home while a
contagious illness runs its course, and yet the child is capable of academic work. In
such cases, the student would benefit from independent study to keep up their
academic rhythm with the class. In the
event of short term illnesses, please contact the office before the start of school
to arrange for Independent Study for a suitable number of days.
- Independent Study Agreement
- When a parent wishes for a
child to conduct Independent Study, the Independent Study Agreement Form must
be filled and filed in the office. The Independent Study form is linked below.
- Independent Study Assignment
- Upon receipt of the agreement
form, the office or faculty will provide an appropriate Independent Study
Assignment Plan (grid) to the family. The Grid will be sent to you upon receipt of the independent study form.
Independent Study Process:
- Parents must complete an Independent Study Agreement Form with
signature from parent & student. The
form may be submit via electronic or physical means prior to the start of the
independent study period, preferably 5 days before the absence begins.
- Staff will provide an Independent Study Assignment Plan (grid) to
- Student conducts independent study according to the plan.
- When student returns completed independent study work is turned
into the teacher.
teacher evaluates the work. Office staff
verifies satisfaction of requirements for the relevant attendance cycle.