Live Oak is accepting applications for the current school year.
Prospective Parents should attend a campus tour and our annual Parent Orientation Night, held in February. This evening is designed to introduce families to our curriculum and school culture. It is important that families understand the commitment and support that our school requires both of our students and our parents.
Children who turn five between December 2 and May 31 are eligible for one year of Kindergarten. Children who turn five between June 1 and December 1 are eligible for the two year of Kindergarten program.
Live Oak Charter School admits students according to the following admission priorities:
- Returning students.
- Siblings of currently enrolled or returning students.
- Children of the School Staff.
- Children residing in the McKinley Elementary School service area.
- Children residing in the Petaluma City School District.
- Children residing in the State of California.
- Your completed application must be turned in to the School Office in early March. Check the calendar for details.
- You will receive a confirmation letter acknowledging the receipt of your application.
- If there are any subsequent requests for additional information, please comply in a timely manner. Failure to do so may delay the admissions process and may disqualify your child from enrollment.
- You will be notified in writing of your provisional acceptance no later than April 1 or placed on a waiting list, and you will be invited to a meeting with the Executive Director.
- In consideration of other students, if at any time during the enrollment process you decide not to enroll your child, please notify the School Office immediately.
- During the summer you will receive a School newsletter with information about Back-to-School Night, about Campus Work Days at which you can help prepare your class and the campus for the new school year.
- Friends of Live Oak contact you in July to provide enrollment materials for the Parent Pledge Program that funds our specialty classes and facilities.
Please contact our School Secretary to arrange a Campus Tour at 707-762-9020.
Non Discrimination Admission Policy
As a public charter school committed to diversity and community health, Live Oak does not discriminate in its admission of students on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, or economic status.
If you have questions at any time during the application and admissions process, please do not hesitate to contact the office manager at 707-762-9020.